12.21.2012

baby food: roasted carrot sticks

Boiled carrots, again? Not for this little boy. Time for some roasted carrots!




No need to elaborate, this recipe is pretty easy, even my toddler could do it (and we will) but since I don't want this post to look bare, I might as well include the steps:

        1: Cut the carrots into strips
        2. Boil carrots until tender
        3: Arrange and sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil
        3: Leave pan in the oven toaster for 10 to 15 minutes (or for a longer period of time until they've caramelized)


Let your baby savor the combined natural flavors of sweet, caramelized carrots and extra virgin olive oil.


The first time I made this, I didn't boil the carrots. Big mistake. The strips tasted really good, but they were too hard for my little boy that I had to chop and mashed them all up for him. So much for his first finger food.

Please refrain from using salt or sugar to "add flavor" to this dish. You may sprinkle a little bit of black ground pepper or cinnamon if you feel that this dish is too bland (hard to believe), but please, don't use salt or sugar. I don't think your baby's kidneys would appreciate the amount of sodium you would be putting into your little one's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment